Tuesday 24 January 2012

Stuff I Love...Oil of Oregano

Oil of Oregano

It's my go-to cold and flu fighter.  I don't love the taste, but I love the effects!  I began using it about 2 years ago and have not had a cold since.  It has potent anti-microbial and anti-bacterial effects.  If I feel a sniffle or a tickle in my throat, I start taking it immediately.  I simply use a dropper full under my tongue, hold for 30 seconds, and chase with water (up to 3 times/day).  It's totally natural and safe with no side effects.  Carvacrol from Oil of Oregano is a natural phenol that contains powerful anti-microbial activity. Flavonoids provide natural antiseptic properties, and Terpenes (long chain hydrocarbons) are natural anti-inflammatory agents.

I also support my immune system daily by taking Vit D3 (extra in the winter months).  It's a MUCH safer and highly effective way to avoid "cold and flu season" without getting a very unhealthy, dangerous and likely ineffective flu shot.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment