Thursday 2 February 2012

Paleo Ski Pizza

I'm not a huge fan of someone saying they eat "Paleo", yet then trying to make everything possible look, feel and taste like a grain product.  But there is a time and place for the convenience of certain types of food.  I personally don't often include these items in my Monday to Friday meals, but I do like to make them for ski weekends (or horseback riding or hiking...).  I wanted to share my Paleo ski pizza (or squares - depending on how you cut it :)


Ingredients:
3/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup flax meal
1 tbsp baking powder
4 grams/packets stevia
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional - I actually prefer 1/2 cup of almond butter instead)
1/2 to 3/4 cup coarse crushed nuts of your choice (I use pecans or walnuts)
1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips

3 eggs
1 banana mashed
squeeze of unpasteurized organic honey

Add a little bit of H20 when you've mixed the dry and wet ingredients until the dough is moderately wet and a bit sticky.

Mold/gently flatten the dough into a cookie sheet (or pizza sheet like I did this time) and bake for about 20 mins on 325 until the edges are turning golden brown.  Remove, let cool and cut into squares or slices for baggies in your pocket on the ski hill (or wherever you might be going to have fun!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment