Monday 6 February 2012

Incredibly Easy Recipe...

Coconut Curry Chicken and Veggies

I stumbled upon this pack of spices that I think I may have gotten sometime as a gift.  I didn't use the recommended recipe on the back - I made it easier :)  It's a really cool concept - all the spices you need in one package.  The one I used is called "Memories of Goa"  and it's Presidents Choice brand.

Here is what I did:
I browned a full package of chicken thighs in a pan, drained the oil and liquid.
I cut up a lot of the following veggies in very large chunks:
sweet potato, zucchini, parsnips and chunks of cauliflower.
I mixed all of the spices from the package into a can of coconut milk.

I added the browned chicken thighs, sweet potato, parsnips and spiced coconut milk to my slow cooker and turned it on high.  After 2 hours I added the zucchini and cauliflower and continued to mix it occasionally (once or twice in the 2 hours) and pour the sauce over everything for another 2 hours or so.  The chicken got fall apart tender and the veggies really soaked in the flavor.  The spices made this dish - it is so tasty!

So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment