Thursday 15 March 2012

Stuff I Love... Paraben Free Mineral Makeup

I get asked a lot about the makeup, soap, lotion and cosmetics I use.  While I've blogged about my favourite soap, lotion and toothpaste, I'm no expert when it comes to cosmetics - I don't use them much!  My philosophy is less is more in this case.  I occasionally try to put on the standard female routine of eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc for a night out, but end up feeling very conspicuous, unauthentic and uncomfortable.  I also struggle since I refuse to use any products with parabens and other chemicals - so finding products is tough!  The one thing I do like to for a polished look for date night is a light coverage mineral powder makeup.  I have searched high and low and these are my two favourites:

* Physicians Formula Organic Mineral Powder

* SmashBox Mineral Veil Powder

They are both paraben free and quite safe for your body.  I prefer the airbrushed smooth look of the Physicians Formula the most (and that it's also talc free), but the SmashBox has a nice feature were you turn the outside and it grinds just a tiny bit fresh each time.  This makes for less waste and mess.  But both are great!

Overall - if you want your face and skin to look their best follow these tips:

* Stay well hydrated - drink lots of pure H2O!
* Exercise! Sweating is great for your skin and high intensity intervals can increase your growth hormone production which is like our "youth juice" - it helps renew all tissues in the body.
* Don't over dry your skin with harsh cleansers (refer to my post about Rocky Mountain Soap)
* Eat healthy clean foods.  Avoid sugar and carbs which are inflammatory and cause free radical damage.
* Eat lots of veggies!  These have antioxidant powers :)
* Eat sufficient healthy fats.  I eat a lot of avocado, nuts, coconut oil and milk, and take a Krill oil supplement.  Many of my clients see a nice difference in the "glow" of their skin with increased fat intake.
* Smile!  A happy face is so pretty :) 

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment