Tuesday 5 March 2013

Breakfast Series: Turkey Veggie Hash

Here is another breakfast I had.  It is what I call "turkey veggie hash" or some of you may recognise it as something similar to my "lean green turkey" recipe.  It is something I don't make fresh early in the morning, rather one of the meals I make on my cook and prep day of the week.  I would eat this meal multiple times per week for different meals - any time of the day.

To make:
- Cook 2 packs ground turkey in a pan with whatever spice you like (I use a poultry spice mix I picked up in the spice bazaar on my trip to Istanbul.)
- While that's cooking, chop up a bunch of brussel sprouts and grate some stalks of broccoli with a cheese grater.
 - When turkey is cooked, add the sprouts and shredded broccoli stalks plus a ton of fresh spinach.  Mix until the spinach is wilted and the sprouts are softer.
- So easy!

It has a mild taste so it's good for those who don't like strong flavors in the morning.  It reheats well and is a very nutritious start to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment