Wednesday 6 March 2013

Breakfast Series: Crustless Quiche

I love this breakfast!  I had what I call a "crustless quiche" this morning with organic salsa and a 1/2 banana.  The quiche is also something I don't make from scratch in the morning, but make a large pan of on my cook day and eat for many meals throughout the week.  It makes a great lunch and supper too!

To make:
- Grease a large glass Pyrex dish on the bottom and sides.
- Whisk 12-16 medium to large eggs until they get some air bubbles (this seems to make the quiche lighter)
- Layer the Pyrex dish with some sort of meat (For this one I used left over ground turkey from the cooked turkey I made yesterdays turkey veggie hash with, but I also like cooked chicken breast chunks, spolumbos sausage or cooked ground beef).
- Then layer some veggies in by sprinkling them evenly over the meat. I used chopped brussel sprouts, red pepper and spinach in this one.
 - Pour the whisked eggs over top evenly over everything and sprinkle on some spices.  I used MSG and salt free Mrs Dash Southwest Spice this time.
- Bake at 350 in the oven for about 1 hour. Let cool and store covered in the fridge.

I love a slice of this with Neil Brothers Organic Salsa.  So easy and quick to heat in the morning or at anytime of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment