Sunday 16 December 2012

Paleo Chocolate Tarts!

I made these today on a test run for Christmas dinner dessert.  I'm also going to do a pumpkin pie filling for half of them when I make them for my Christmas meal :)

Crust:
* 1.5 cups pecans
* 2 tbsp almond flour
* 1 x-large egg white
* pinch of salt
* sprinkle of baking powder (sorry I don`t measure!)

I used my magic bullet to pulse grind the pecans into a flour.  Try not to make a paste, it will be moist though.  I put it in a bowl, added the almond flour, baking powder, salt and egg white.  Grease the tart pans.  I rolled balls of pecan tart flour into balls, then carefully flattened them into circles and pressed them into the tart pans.  Bake on 325 for 15-20 mins until they feel done.  Set them aside to cool.

Chocolate filling:
I simply used my favourite paleo chocolate pudding recipe for the fill (previous post).
http://flipfitnesscanada.blogspot.ca/2012/06/week-of-new-recipes-paleo-pudding.html

Be sure to let the cups cool completely before adding the chocolate filling.  I put them in the fridge and the pudding firms up a bit more. Garnish with a pecan or a raspberry.  So easy and yummy - and they look nice for your holiday guests too!  I can`t wait to try the pumpkin pie filling for Christmas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment