Sunday 9 December 2012

Meat Muffins


I made these from a recipe from a new cookbook I just got called "Well Fed".  I think they will be a great ski snack and also a great grab and go breakfast or anytime snack!  Here's the recipe I used (loosely - as I don't often take the time to measure :)  I might also make mini ones for
appies for Christmas!

Ingredients:
* one pack ground beef
* 1/4 of a large onion
* 2 packs frozen spinach (defrosted and water squeezed out)
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* Chinese 5 spice
* ground black pepper
* garlic (fresh is best, but minced dried is ok too)
* 2 eggs
* cayenne pepper

Prep:
- preheat oven to 375
- chop onion and cook until translucent in the coconut oil
- add beef and brown, add Chinese 5 spice, cayenne, garlic and pepper
- mix in drained and well squeezed spinach
- set aside and let cool
- line the muffin tins with muffin papers
- I used a 1/4 cup measure to pack the meat mix in and then transfer the ball to the muffin papers

- bake for 35-45 mins until browned on the top and cooked through. Remove and let cool.
- I will freeze half of them and take them out when needed.
- mix up the eggs and add to the meat when a bit cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment