Sunday 17 June 2012

Full week of new recipes! Ottoman Kebap

This week I will be posting a new Paleo recipe every day until Friday!  These are all recipes I have made and I can guarantee are yummy!

Ottoman Kebap

This is a meal we had in Turkey that I sort of tried to replicate at home.  I changes a few things (like not adding the lamb), but I will give you options too :)  It's a really easy one and feels like "comfort food" - try it!

Ingredients:
* ground beef or steak in chunks (I used leftover ground I already had cooked)
* chicken breast (cut up in small chunks)
* optional - lamb cut in small chunks)
* 1 can diced tomatoes in their own juices
* 1 zucchini
* 1 yellow pepper
* 1 orange pepper
* dehydrated or fresh red onion
* cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, celery salt, 1-2 dried hot red peppers (depending on your love of spicy!), black pepper, onion salt, basil

Directions:
Cook all meat.  I usually have a bunch cooked beforehand for different uses through the week (salads, stirfrys, etc.) - it makes meals like this extremely simple and quick.  Add the following to a large wok or skillet:  all meat, can of diced tomatoes, chopped up veggies, and spices (just a medium sized pinch of cinnamon but a generous sprinkle of the rest and crush the hot pepper(s)).  Simmer and occasionally stir until veggies are slightly soft.  Done! 

This dish has a really nice sweet and spicy flavour.  It makes a nice lunch for the next few days too.     

No comments:

Post a Comment