Friday 4 May 2012

Weekend breakfast treat! Peanut Butter & Bacon Crepes


It's going to sound weird...but you should try it before you decide it's not delicious!  This morning for breakfast I treated myself to a special version of my usual egg white protein crepe.

Peanut Butter and Bacon Crepes:

I made my usual egg white crepe (1/2 cup egg whites with a scoop of protein powder - mine was strawberry, but plain or light vanilla might be best).  Mix thoroughly and pour into a large skillet to cook.

Gary had some bacon already cooked in the fridge, so I just heated up 2 slices in the microwave (15 seconds is all it takes).   When the crepe is done, spread a thin layer of organic all natural peanut butter on it and add the bacon on top.  I squeezed a very thin drizzle of unpasteurized liquid honey over it and rolled it up.  Yummy!!

Seriously - try it!  It is a nice treat every once in a while - still gluten free with a low insulin response - and a good source of protein and fat in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment